GenePharma miRNA inhibitors are chemically-modified and optimized nucleic acids designed to specifically target the microRNA (miRNA) molecules in cells.
Endogenous microRNAs are small, regulatory RNAs that are expressed in animals and plants that affect the translation of target mRNAs. The mature 17-24 nucleotide, single-stranded miRNAs specifically target a protein complex to regulate translation at the level of mRNA.
The miRNA inhibitors are sequence-specific and chemically-modified to specifically target and knockdown individual miRNA molecules. With the Anti-miR miRNA inhibitors, you can:
- Control specific miRNA activity
- Tightly regulate miRNA cellular levels
- Achieve optimal delivery efficiency with minimal cytotoxicity
- Use of the miRNA inhibitors will enable miRNA functional analysis for down-regulation of miRNA activity.
Specific experimental designs include:
- miRNA target site identification and validation
- Screening for miRNAs that regulate the expression of a gene
- Screening for miRNAs that affect a cellular process
- Cellular functions identified by miRNA inhibitors can be further investigated with the GenePharma miRNA Molecules, which increase miRNA concentration for gain-of-function experiments.
GenePharma provides different lengths and forms of customer-defined Antagomirs, we can also provide the miRNA sequence from Sanger miRNA database based on the your needs (http://microrna.sanger.ac.uk/sequences), alternatively you can supply sequences of interest and we can design and manufacture the assays for you.